Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Lucky Noodle Wreath

What?  You think that’s weird??  OH.  No, not THAT kind of noodle.  
THIS kind.


Yep.  I made a lucky wreath.  Out of that.
Would you like some luck too?  Just in time for St. Patty?  Well, let’s get started, then!
You’ll need:
a swim noodle - I used the kind with the little sections, that looks like a flower from the end.  You can find them at the dollar store.
Green yarn
Hot Glue
Scissors




Easy shmeezy.  (so, I’ve recently realized that pretty much everyone else in the WORLD says “easy PEAZY” instead of “easy SHMEEZY.”  Am I crazy??  This is how we always said it at my house growing up...)
I digress.
Take your noodle and pull the sections apart.  You can use your scissors to help.



Take the sections and cut them down.  I cut about this much off.


You will only need four of the sections (which is good since I totally shredded the fifth one accidentally).  Save some of the little sections for later.
Take a section, curve it around, 

and spread some hot glue where the ends connect.  The hot glue will begin to melt the noodle - just a caution here...


Wrap some yarn around the hot glued area.  Secure it by tying knots.  You can use hot glue to secure it as well.


Do this to all four sections.


Now, take the top of the curve and squeeze it in and down, making a heart-ish shape.


Dab hot glue, and wrap yarn around and tie it.


It looks like this:

Do this with all four clover leaves.


Starting at the bottom of one side, wrap your green yarn around the noodle.


Wrap, wrap, wrap... up and around the curve, 

the point, 

the other curve and down the other side. 



You will need to use hot glue to secure the yarn around the top point and the bottom of the leaf.

Wrap all four leaves.


Put about three small sections of noodle together


and wrap them up with yarn.  


Hot glue some yarn around in a circle on the end of the stem to cover up the noodle. 


Now you can assemble the clover.  Place the leaves and stem together in a clover shape. 


When you place the stem, make sure the end of the noodle that is covered with yarn is facing down away from the leaves.



Spread hot glue all over where the leaves connect in the middle.


Tie an end of yarn around the stem.  Now, just wrap, wrap, wrap all the leaves together.


This was a make it up as you go process.  I just wrapped the leaves together in a way that made them into the right shape AND still looked pretty in the middle part.


When it looks good, tie the yarn off in the back and hot glue for security if necessary.
Voila!


A lucky noodle wreath!


And it cost a buck.


You can’t beat that.





*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!








Visit thecsiproject.com

17 comments:

Unknown said...

St Patty would be proud! What a fun tutorial Kimberly! So I guess I'm not the only one who makes stuff up as I go along? Good to know. :)

Unknown said...

aw crud. i'm so done for. i can sew leather...but i seriously CAN NOT make paper flowers.
i can't believe i was smack talking the winner of the audition round...that lamp was UN.BE.LIEV.ABLE.
okay...i'm off {sheepishly} to find something amazing at the $1 store. maybe.

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

Well how simple, creative and fun is that! Great idea!!!

Christina said...

You are so stinkin creative! I loooove how big it is and how festive it is!! And for $1?! That's MY price range!

Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

Debber-doo said...

Verrrry cute, and verrrrry creative! Love it! I am debb btw! Nice to meet you!

cheezydebb.blogspot.com

LP aka A Crafty Southern Chick said...

I cannot even *believe* how awesome this looks! I love it! I'm so sharing this on my fanpage. Like, right now.

Ashley said...

I'll say it again - wreath business! Actually, you should do a book!!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Talk about thinking outside of the box. Love it! You really did a great tutorial.
http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

Jori said...

Cute,cute,cute! That is very clever! I am going to go dig out my pool noodles. Thank you!! :)

Heather said...

How clever are you? I cannot believe how great this turned out!
http://lookmanohands-robinson.blogspot.com/

Kara @ June & Bear said...

I don't usually decorate for St. Patrick's Day, but this is great. Very clever.

Emily Love said...

Wow!! I'm impressed!

Rhonda Greene said...

What a great idea! I'm going to feature your project on Dollar Store Crafts this week :)

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Now that is cool. Very neat!
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I never would have thought of that, but it makes so much sense! I think I will do one for next year.

Monkey Momma's Crafts said...

Wow that is awesome! Too bad I found this AFTER St. Patty's!! Found you on Dollar Store Crafts! I am now a follower! :-)

www.monkeymommascrafts.blogspot.com

Brandi said...

Wowza! What a cool idea! love it! I'll never look at swim noodles the same!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...