Sunday, November 18, 2012

Best for last


I did.  It's true.  I fell into the old cliche and saved the very best for last... or, at least, MY personal favorite.  (My second favorite of this fall lot was the ginger pears, so I started out strong too.)

Why is this my favorite?  Well, first of all, there's no limit to my love for cherries.  Also, it's just plain delicious.  But ultimately, because this recipe is ridiculously easy and has relatively few ingredients.  The real name for this dessert is:

I also considered going with:
But didn't want to alienate anyone.

So I stuck with Very Cherry Pear-y Cobbler, because it's explanatory and I can't resist a cute rhyme.



This cobbler starts out as a very sordid failure.  It's true.  I've been craving cherry cobbler for weeks, and had this idea in my head that pears and cherries BELONG together in cobbler form.  I reviewed a few recipes for cobbler and decided to have a go.  Remember how I explained that ideas lead to experiments in the kitchen which sometimes lead to a delicious success?  Well, more often than that, they lead to a dismal failure.



I can't tell you how disgusting it was.  I meant to snap a picture, but somehow didn't manage to before the rest of the clumpy, chewy mess made it into the garbage.  It was like a cherry tinted eraser.  And I was so very sad.



Not one to be discouraged (sometimes) I  did a little more cobbler research and stumbled upon this cheater version.  I updated it, of course, and added some pizzazz here and there. But even with that, this is definitely the easiest, least finicky, least ingredient-laden dessert from this week.



Can I tell you a secret?  You could omit the vanilla and lemon juice and it would still be good.  But I like the little extra zing of flavors, personally.
So now that you know how easy it is, and how delicious it looks, and how very much I love it, would you like to try a bite?



Oh, that's right.  It's just a photo.  Guess I'll have to eat it all myself.  You'll have to make your own.


Here are the links to past "flavors of fall" desserts, in case you missed them:

1. Gingered Pears


2. Magic Pumpkin Bars


3.  Easy Homestyle Apple Buns


4. Pumpkin Spice Fried Ice Cream





*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...